$10,000 Webster University SPICE Cup Open
October 16-20, 2012 St. Louis, Missouri
Prizes: $10,000 guaranteed ($4,000 – $2,000 – $1,500 – $1,000 – $500 – $250; Under 2400 FIDE $500 – $250)
Organizer reserves the right to make a few exceptions.
Check or money order payable to: Webster University
(Attention: SPICE – Susan Polgar Institute for Chess Excellence)
470 E. Lockwood Avenue
Webster Groves, MO 63119-3141
Please include your name, contact info, FIDE ID and rating, etc.
For questions, email SusanPolgar@aol.com
Registered titled players so far: 13 GMs, 14 IMs, 1 IM-elect, 21 foreigners, etc.
This event will be held alongside with the SPICE Cup Invitational (expected to be FIDE category 18 – 2683 average, which is the highest rated International RR tournament in US history!)
– GM Maxime Vachier-Lagrave (France) – Former World Junior Champion & French Champion
– GM Le Quang Liem (Vietnam) – defending champion & #1 in Vietnam
– GM Ding Liren (China) – 3-time & reigning champion of China, #3 junior in the world
– GM Csaba Balogh (Hungary) – Member of the Hungarian National Team
– GM Wesley So (Philippines) – #1 in the Philippines & Webster University freshman
– GM Georg Meier (Germany) – European Team Champion & Webster University sophomore
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar