The 2010 Susan Polgar National Open for Girls and Boys will be held at the beautiful Carefree resort in sunny Arizona. There are plenty of activities for parents and coaches.
An Alluring and Legendary Alternative to Nearby Scottsdale HotelsThe area surrounding Carefree, Arizona, epitomizes the very best of the Old West. For centuries, this storied locale was home to Native Americans, cowboys, and miners … and still casts an entrancing spell on travelers today, providing a legendary alternative to the everyday experience of nearby Scottsdale hotels and resorts. The town of Carefree was conceived in the mid-1950’s by Tom Darlington and K.T. Palmer as a master planned community. The emphasis was on leisure – with whimsical street names such as Tranquil Trail, Easy Street, and Ho and Hum Roads – and the town’s motto became “Home of cowboys and caviar, where the Old West meets the new.” Pay tribute to the vision of these trailblazing pioneers, and treat yourself to magnificent desert and mountain views, unparalleled luxury, and thrilling recreation at Carefree Resort & Villas. Spanning 54 acres of high Sonoran Desert – easily accessible from Scottsdale and Phoenix – this legendary alternative to traditional North Scottsdale hotels and resorts is surrounded by desert wildflowers, towering Saguaro, giant octillo, and prickly pear cactus. You’ll discover a true “Sense of Place” and a level of comfort and ease reflected in the Resort’s authentic Southwest décor and beautifully appointed resort rooms and villa suites. Immerse yourself in the wonder and allure of the Southwest, and escape from standard Scottsdale Arizona resorts, in a majestic setting:
* Located in the Sonoron Desert in Carefree, Arizona
* Situated at the border of Tonto National Forest
* Minutes from The Spanish Village and El Pedregal at Carefree, two fun-filled shopping and dining destinations
An Attractive Departure from Standard Scottsdale Arizona Hotels and Resorts
Tucked in the scenic foothills of the Sonoran Desert, Carefree Resort & Villas offers a wide choice of 369 resort rooms, cabanas, and suite-like accommodations in our villas – setting the benchmark for elegance among hotels in Scottsdale, Arizona. With breathtaking views of Black Mountain, this year-round conference and vacation destination is ideal for holiday retreats, spa weekends, romantic escapes, and group getaways. The Spa at Carefree provides customized signature body treatments, rejuvenating services, and our exclusive Barefoot & Pregnant® Babymoon Packages. Sharpen your swing during a weekend golf getaway – at Legend Trail or at any other of 16 of the state’s finest courses, just minutes away. Or learn the game of tennis with a private lesson at the Resort’s Tennis Club. Come experience why this premier destination resort is truly “carefree.”
Some of the hallmark features of this legendary alternative to Scottsdale Arizona hotels include:
- 369 beautifully appointed accommodations, including poolside resort rooms, cabanas, and spacious residential Villa Suites.
- The Spa at Carefree, for rejuvenation through an array of signature body treatments, facials, manicures, and pedicures
- 18-hole championship golf course, perfect for polishing your swing, just 5 minutes away at Legend Trail, designed by Rees Jones
- 60,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including 22 elegant rooms and nine unique outdoor venues, ideal for annual conferences, or perfect for a lavish wedding
- Onsite entertainment and fun, including two swimming pools and eateries such as The Roadrunner Internet Cafe, The Lariat Grill, and The Red Horse Saloon
- Tennis club, ideal for beginners and experienced players alike, with five well-lit courts, professional lessons, and racquet rentals
- Destination Activities Desk, your one-stop shop for the planning and arrangement of our 50 “Carefree” activities and adventures, from hiking to horseback riding. For more information, visit the Carefree Desert Cruise
- A central location near the charming towns of Carefree and Cave Creek, which are small, but very unique and offer a wide variety of eclectic shops, art galleries, and 30 restaurants
- A thrilling variety of local attractions and activities, including horseback riding, jeep tours, nature walks and hikes, museums, art galleries, the world’s second-largest sundial, and more...
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar