The Asian Chess Clubs Champions League is organized by the Al Ain Chess Club under the auspices of the UAE Chess Federation from 20th to 28th June, 2014 in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates.
The Championship will be played as a single round robin among 8 teams, one from each of the 7 zones plus the host club. Competition between teams will be over four boards, in the Chess Olympiad format. The time control will be 90 minutes plus 30 seconds increment starting from move 1.
The top 3 teams will be awarded trophies, medals and certificates, as well as 20.000$ in cash prizes. The champion will be receive 10.000$.
The list of participants includes:
1. India: PSPB – Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (2586) – GM Krishnan Sasikiran 2669, GM Lalith Babu 2561,GM S.P.Sethuraman 2576, GM Deep Sengupta 2536, GM Abhijit Kunte 2482
2. Kazakhstan: Tokkata – Kazakhstan (2534) – GM Rinat Jumabayev 2575, GM Anuar Ismagambetov 2519, GM Pavel Kotsur 2558, GM Rustam Khusnutdinov 2482, GM Pyotr Kostenko 2484
3. China: Shanghai Chess Club (2437) – GM Zhou Jianchao 2586, IM Lou Yiping 2488, WGM Zhang Xiaowen 2383, CM Xu Yi 2290, Zhang Hong 2169
4. Philippines: Tagaytay Chess Club (2385) – IM Rolando Nolte 2395, IM Steven Yap 2419, IM Haridas Pascua 2389, IM Emmanuel Senador 2337, Mari Joseph Turqueza 2272
5. Bangladesh: Navy Chess Team (2372) – GM Enamul Hosain 2424, GM Reefat Saatar 2449, FM Md Taibur Rahman 2294, FM Sheikh Naser Ahmed 2320, FM Khandaker Aminul Islam 2277
6. UAE: Al Ain Chess Club (2362) – GM A.R. Salem 2581, IM Omar Noaman 2366, CM Faisal Abdulla 2270, FM Saeed Ishaq 2227, FM Ibrahim Khouri 2232
7. Australia: Western Sydney (2336) – IM Max Illingworth 2442, IM Gary Lane 2354, Karl Zelesco 2274, IM Leonid Sandler 2273, FM Lee Jones 2105
8. Iraq: Communication Sport Club (2322) – IM Saad Sarsam 2393, IM Noah Ail Ali 2334, FM Ali Ahmed 2286, Ehab Elias 2276
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar