Korea Chess Federation under the auspice of Asian Chess Federation have the honour of inviting all FIDE affiliated Asian National Chess Federations to participate in 2015 Asian Youth Chess Championship (U8, U10, U12, U14, U16 & U18 Open and Girls) in Suwon, Korea from 3rd August (arrival) to 11th August (departure) 2015.
– The championship will be 9 round Swiss. Sections with 11-16 players will be 7 round Swiss. Sections with 10 or fewer players will be played Round-Robin or merged with other sections.
– Rate of play will be 90 minutes for the whole game plus 30 seconds increments for every move.
– The Championship will be FIDE rated and shall follow the FIDE Law of Chess.
– FIDE Tie-Break system will be used.
– Invited (official) players: Every Asian National Chess Federation can register one official player in each category (under 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 & 18 years old, Open and Girls) totaling a maximum of 12 invited players.
– Also the players placed 1-3 in the 2014 Asian Youth (and Cadet) Chess Championship shall have the personal right to participate. No replacement from other categories can be made in case there is no official player in one category.
– Additional (extra) players: Up to 5 additional (extra) players can also be registered in each category by each National Federation. Extra players are responsible for their own costs.
– The players must be below the respective age on or before 1st January 2015.
Registration and Entry Fees:
– The registration form must be completed for all players, accompanying persons and the head of the delegation.
– The registration form must be filled and returned to the Organizers by the National Federations no later than 9th June 2015 . A copy of passport and an ID photo (in JPG/JPEG format) must also be sent to the organizers by the date.
– An entry fee of 75USD is required for all official players and 150 USD for all extra players. The entry fee includes participation in “World Youth Mind Sports Games” chess events 8th~9th August. The entry fee is not refundable.
– A registration fee of 100USD must be paid by all players (official and extra), every accompanying person and all other members of delegation including the head of the delegation.
– The registration fee includes Accreditation Badge and transportation from the airport to the official hotel (3rd August) with return on the departure day (11th August).
– Late entries after 9th June will be subject to availability and at the discretion of the organizers. Late entries after 9th June, if accepted by the organizers, have to pay extra registration fee of 50USD.
Venue and Accommodation:
– The championship will be played in Kyung Hee University.
– Accommodation and full board will be provided by the organizers at Kyung Hee University Youth Hostel in Suwon (30km South from Seoul).
– All participants and all accompanying persons are obliged to lodge at the official accommodation. Bookings of the official accommodation for the event must be done through the organizers only.
– All official players, 1 player per country in each category, the players placed 1-3 in the 2014 Asian Youth (and Cadet) Chess Championship and 1 head of delegation per country are entitled to free full board and lodging for 8 nights starting from 3rd August to 11th August at the official hostel.
– All extra players and all accompanying persons must pay the cost for full board and lodging 80USD per person per day.
All registration forms, passport copies and ID photos must be sent to 2015AYCC@gmail.com
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar