Chess scholarships provided by Texas Tech University
Sections: Primary (K-2), Elementary (3-5), Middle School (6-8), High School/ Adults U1600
March 5-7, 2010 | Carefree Resort | 37220 N Mule Train Rd, Carefree 85377 | Game/45
Friday, March 5
6:30 PM Puzzle Solving Championship
7:00 PM Bughouse Championship (Open to All Scholastic Players) Round 1
7:30 PM Bughouse Championship Round 2
8:00 PM Bughouse Championship Round 3
8:30 PM Bughouse Championship Round 4
9:00 PM Bughouse Championship Round 5
Saturday, March 6
9:15 AM Main Event Round 1
11:30 AM Main Event Round 2
1:30 PM Main Event Round 3
3:30 PM Main Event Round 4
6:00 PM Blitz Championship Round 1
6:30 PM Blitz Championship Round 2
7:00 PM Blitz Championship Round 3
7:30 PM Blitz Championship Round 4
8:00 PM Blitz Championship Round 5
Sunday, March 7
9:00 AM Main Event Round 5
11:00 AM Main Event Round 6
1:00 PM Main Event Round 7
3:30 PM Awards Ceremony
5:30 PM Susan Polgar 64 Board Simultaneous Exhibition
Carefree Resort, 37220 N Mule Train Rd, Carefree AZ 85377 480-488-5300 @ $129
Main Event: (All Scholastic Sections): Awesome Netbook Computer to 1st, $200 (in Chess Prizes) to 2nd, $150 to 3rd $100 to 4th, $50 to 5th
All the above are in kind, chess prizes such as chess books/DVDs, etc and not a cash prize. Digital Clock to 7-0 score, Trophies to top 20 Individuals, Trophies to top 3 teams, Medals to 21st-30th Individuals, Medals to 4-6th Teams, Trophies to top 3 Parent/Child/Sibling Teams.
Adult Section: $300-$200-$150-$100 in cash prizes, based on 20 paid entries.
Bughouse Championship: Trophies top 10 teams.
Blitz Championship: Primary – trophies to top 10, Elementary – trophies to top 10, Middle School – Trophies to top 10, High School / Adult U1600 – trophies to top 5
Puzzle Solving Championship: Trophies to top 3 individuals.
Main Event: $55 by 1/29; $59 by 2/12; $65 by 2/26; $69 after.
On Site registration will receive Rd 1 (1/2 pt) bye. USCF & ASCF Rated (Current Membership for either organization is sufficient)
Puzzle Solving Championship: $15 if by 2/26; $20 after. Registration closes 5:30pm Fri 3/5.
Bughouse Championship: $20 (Team) by 2/26; $25 (Team) after. Registration closes 6:00pm.
Susan Polgar 64 Board Simultaneous Exhibitions: $25 by 2/26; $30 after. Registration ends 15 minutes prior to Start Time. Limit to 1st 64 players.
Blitz Championship: $20 by 2/26; $25 after. Registration closes 5:30pm.
To Register on-line Visa/Mastercard, go to www.chessemporium.com
To Register by phone with credit card call: 602-482-4867
To Register by fax with Visa/Mastercard number: 602-494-6025
To Register by mail, send check or Visa/Mastercard number to:
Chess Emporium, 10801 N. 32nd St. # 6, Phoenix, AZ 85028
All entrants must meet grade and qualification requirements, and have current membership in
the American Scholastic Chess Federation (ASCF) or United States Chess Federation (USCF) to
be in the main event. For more info, call 602-482-4867.
10801 N. 32nd St. #6
Phoenix, AZ 85028
There are plenty of things for parents / coaches to do while their players are in action!
Some of the hallmark features of this legendary alternative to Scottsdale Arizona hotels include:
- 369 beautifully appointed accommodations, including poolside resort rooms, cabanas, and spacious residential Villa Suites.
- The Spa at Carefree, for rejuvenation through an array of signature body treatments, facials, manicures, and pedicures
- 18-hole championship golf course, perfect for polishing your swing, just 5 minutes away at Legend Trail, designed by Rees Jones
- 60,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including 22 elegant rooms and nine unique outdoor venues, ideal for annual conferences, or perfect for a lavish wedding
- Onsite entertainment and fun, including two swimming pools and eateries such as The Roadrunner Internet Cafe, The Lariat Grill, and The Red Horse Saloon
- Tennis club, ideal for beginners and experienced players alike, with five well-lit courts, professional lessons, and racquet rentals
- Destination Activities Desk, your one-stop shop for the planning and arrangement of our 50 “Carefree” activities and adventures, from hiking to horseback riding. For more information, visit the Carefree Desert Cruise
- A central location near the charming towns of Carefree and Cave Creek, which are small, but very unique and offer a wide variety of eclectic shops, art galleries, and 30 restaurants
- A thrilling variety of local attractions and activities, including horseback riding, jeep tours, nature walks and hikes, museums, art galleries, the world’s second-largest sundial, and more...
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar