Individual, and Junior Membership Benefits ($15 a year – $25 for dual membership)
• Latest edition of the “The Rules of Golf”
• USGA Championship Annual and U.S. Open Program publications
• Personalized USGA bag tag, Member ID and Member Handbook
• Preference over the general public to apply for USGA Championship tickets, including the U.S. Open
• An annual subscription to Inside the USGA
• Special Member Discounts on merchandise from our catalog and online store
• Exclusive Members-only U.S. Open Hat
• Volunteer opportunities at USGA Championships
• Discount car rental pricing at Hertz.
• Just added! Special USGA Member only rate to any 1-day ESPN Golf School Program.
• All items listed above plus:
• USGA Calendar and U.S. Open Ball Marker/Repair Tool
• One year of Travel + Leisure Golfsubscription value is $19.90, etc.
In the mailing, this website is also included: https://members.usga.org/join
I had no interest to join the USGA prior to this mailing. But because I received the mailing and how things were worded, I joined online. After I joined, I immediately got the following message:
Congratulations and thank you for supporting the USGA and our Members Program!
By becoming a Member, you are helping the USGA to write and interpret the “The Rules of Golf”, promote the amateur game and introduce men and women to the sport.
Your confirmation number is XXXXXXXXX. Your credit card will be billed for $15. Your Membership Benefits Package will arrive in 4-6 weeks.
If you would like to make any changes or if you would like to speak to a customer service representative, please call 800-XXX-XXXX (9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET) or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I remember similar promotional effort back in the 80’s and 90’s from the USCF. What would attract you to join any organization?
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar