The championship will be played in round robin system with 9 rounds. Each team will play against with all other teams. Colors and starting numbers will be drawn at opening ceremony or technical meeting.
The time control: 90 minutes for 40 moves, 30 minutes to the end, and 30 seconds increment per move starting from move 1.
The top Indian woman player and third woman in world rankings, GM Humpy Koneru, is going to lead the Indian Olympic team. This comes as a surprise since Koneru hasn’t been a part of the Olympic team for many years.
– Russia: GM Valentina Gunina (2532), GM Alexandra Kosteniuk (2529), WGM Aleksandra Goryachkina (2476), WGM Olga Girya (2473) and WGM Natalija Pogonina (2456)
– Ukraine: GM Anna Muzychuk (2552), IM Mariya Muzychuk (2526), GM Anna Ushenina (2486), GM Natalia Zhukova (2471) and IM Inna Gaponenko (2384)
– China: GM Wenjun Ju (2557), WGM Zhongyi Tan (2487), IM Yang Shen (2459), WGM Tingjie Lei (2444) and WGM Yixin Ding (2434)
– Georgia: GM Bela Khotenashvili (2513), IM Lela Javakhishvili (2481), IM Nino Batsiashvili (2473), IM Salome Melia (2459) and IM Meri Arabidze (2374)
– India: GM Humpy Koneru (2581), IM Dronavalli Harika (2492), WGM Rout Padmini (2454), WGM Mary Ann Gomes (2354) and WGM Soumya Swaminathan (2347)
– Poland: GM Monika Socko (2463), WGM Jolanta Zawadzka (2422), WGM Kristina Horowska-Szczepkowska(2414), WGM Marta Bartel (2350) and WGM Klaudia Kulon (2310)
– Armenia: GM Elina Danielian (2488), IM Lilit Mkrtchian (2442), WGM Maria Kursova (2290), WGM lilit Galojan(2277) and Susanna Gaboyan (2175)
– USA: WGM Tatev Abrahamyan (2301), WGM Katerina Nemcova (2279), WGM Sabrina-Francesca Foisor (2235), FM Alisa Melekhina (2235) and WIM Viktorija Ni (2188)
– Kazakhstan: WGM Zhansaya Abdumalik (2411), WGM Dinara Saduakassova (2393), WGM Guliskhan Nakhbayeva (2329), WIM Madina Davletbayeva (2231) and WIM Gulmira Dauletova (2201)
– Egypt: WGM Khaled Mona (2125), WIM Shahenda Wafa (2118), WGM Shrook Wafa (2058), WIM Ayah Mootaz (2022) and WIM Amina Sherif (1971)
FIDE World Team Championship (men)
The FIDE World Team Championship for men will have the same dates, but a totally different location. It is organized by the Armenian Chess Federation under the auspices of FIDE, from 18-29th April in Tsakhkadzor, Armenia.
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar