The First Saturday July chess tourrnament is featuring a top class chess star. The GM section has Hou Yifan, the number 1 girl and recent winner of the Atatukrk chess tournament. The Chinese child prodigy is on her hunt for yet another title this year, this time in a strong mixed field. Her main opponent will be GM Zlatko Ilincic (ELO 2519) and IM Peter Prohaszka (ELO 2509).
After round 2 WGM Hou Yifan is sharing second place with IM Berczes, GM Ilincic, and FM Nguyen, all with 1,5/2. They are followed by GM Varga, IM Boros, Erik Kislik, IM Mas, and IM Prohaszka with 1,0/2.
First Saturday round 2 results
1. Prohaszka, Peter – Fogarasi, Tibor 1/2 – 1/2
2. Boros, Denes – Ilincic, Zlatko 0-1
3. Kislik, Erik Andrew – Kjartansson, Gudmundur 1/2 – 1/2
4. Nguyen, Huynh Minh Huy – Toth, Ervin 1-0
5. Duong, The Anh – Hou, Yifan 0-1
6. Mas, Hafizulhelmi – Rajlich, Iweta 1-0
7. Varga, Zoltan – Berczes, David 1/2 – 1/2
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar