The 19th Hogeschool Zeeland Tournament is taking place from August 1-8, at the University of Applied Sciences in Vlissingen, the Netherlands.
The 9-round Swiss Open is organized by Stichting Schaak Walcheren. The FIDE Laws will apply, except article 6.6a. Top prizes are EUR 2000 / 1300 / 800 / 500 / 400.
242 players from 15 federations are registered to take participation. Among them are 11 Grandmasters and 12 International Masters. List below.
Last year winner was GM Michal Krasenkow.
Participants (top 15):
1. GM Jobava Baadur GEO 2664
2. GM Van Wely Loek NED 2654
3. GM Landa Konstantin RUS 2624
4. GM Krasenkow Michal POL 2616
5. GM Moradiabadi Elshan IRI 2587
6. GM Ernst Sipke NED 2544
7. GM Werle Jan NED 2525
8. GM Ikonnikov Vyacheslav RUS 2519
9. IM Van Foreest Jorden NED 2519
10. IM Das Arghyadip IND 2485
11. IM Wan Yunguo CHN 2472
12. GM Ankit R. Rajpara IND 2460
13. IM Stark Lars GER 2437
14. IM Prasanna Raghuram Rao IND 2424
15. IM Leenhouts Koen NED 2422
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar