Is Microsoft Dumping Vista?
by Terrence O’Brien, posted Jan 8th 2009 at 1:36PM
– Faster boot time and performance.
– An improved task bar that is a little reminiscent of the OS X dock at the bottom of the desktop screen.
– Jumplists — which reveal recently opened documents, Web pages, and common tasks when you right click on an app in the task bar.
– Improved networking, which will make setting up streaming media between devices simpler. It will also let you tell one computer to stream media from another computer to a third device like an Xbox or a Roku
– Windows 7 will also get a public beta, starting January 9, so consumers will be able to try out the new operating system. This a first for any Microsoft OS.
Window Live Services
– Partnership with Facebook that will sync LiveSpaces accounts with Facebook accounts, making Microsoft’s social networking site more relevant!
– Useful search side bar in Live Hotmail that minimizes the need for switching tabs.
– Live Messenger is adding dynamic buddy icons that update according to the emoticons you use.
Here is the full article.
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar