The 18th International Lienz Open will be held from 7-14th February, 2015, at the RGO-Arena Julius-Durst-Straße 6, 9900 Lienz, Austria.
The biennial event is organized by the Schachklub Volksbank Lienz. There will be two sections: Group A and Group B (< 2000 Elo). Both to be completed over nine rounds of Swiss system.
Social events for players and families include sledging tour, trip to the Weissensee, trip to Innichen (ITA) with sightseeing, social evening etc.
The total prize fund is 10,000 EUR with 1900 EUR reserved for the winner of Open A.
Open A participants (top seeds):
1. GM Vallejo Pons Francisco ESP 2706
2. GM Korneev Oleg ESP 2591
3. GM Rozentalis Eduardas LTU 2577
4. GM Indjic Aleksandar SRB 2546
5. IM Tomic Bosko BIH 2471
6. GM Prasanna. V Vishnu IND 2463
7. GM Venkatesh M.R. IND 2460
8. IM Kumar Thej IND 2459
9. IM Loetscher Roland SUI 2444
10. GM Drazic Sinisa SRB 2437
11. GM Sundararajan Kidambi IND 2431
12. IM Pulvett Daniel VEN 2426
13. IM Sequera Paolini Jose VEN 2413
14. GM Sriram Jha IND 2413
15. FM Singer Christoph GER 2366
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar