Magnus Carlsen defeated super GM Morozevich AGAIN in the Biel Chess Festival to pull within 1/2 point from the leader! Morozevich is 5-0 against the rest of the field and 0-2 against Magnus Carlsen! Radjabov drew today against Pelletier. He is now tied for 2nd with Magnus.
In the women’s section, GM Pia Cramling continues to lead with IM Dembo 1/2 point behind and IM Socko just 1 point back.
Here are the standings for both Men’s and Women’s Section:
1. 5.0 GM Alexander Morozevich (Russia 2731)
2-3. 4.5 GM Magnus Carlsen (Norway 2675), GM Teimour Radjabov (Azerbaijan 2728)
4. 3.0 GM Andrei Volokitin (Ukraine 2662)
5-6. 2.0 GM Lazaro Bruzon (Cuba 2667), GM Yannick Pelletier (Switzerland 2583)
Accentus standings after round 7 of 10
1. 5.0 GM Pia Cramling (Sweden 2521)
2. 4.5 IM Yelena Dembo (Greece 2465)
3. 4.0 IM Monika Socko (Poland 2464)
4. 3.5 WGM Anna Muzychuk (Slovenia 2456)
5. 2.5 IM Almira Skripchenko (France 2421)
6. 1.5 WGM Ekaterina Atalik (Turkey 2377)
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar