The 24th Open International de Martigny is taking place from 31st July to 3rd August at the Hotel Vatel in Martigny, Switzerland.
The tournament is organized by the Cercle de l’Echiquier de Martigny and supported by Commune de Martigny, Etat du Valais, Fonds du sport and Hôtel Vatel Martigny.
The playing format is 7-round Swiss with the time control 90′+30”. The top prizes are CHF 1500, 1000, 800, 600, 400.
The tournament has 79 participants. Top rated are:
1. Bauer Christian GM 2618 FRA 1977
2. Bluebaum Matthias GM 2589 GER 1997
3. Korneev Oleg GM 2567 ESP 1969
4. Bosiocic Marin GM 2552 CRO 1988
5. Shchekachev Andrei GM 2552 FRA 1972
6. Nikolov Momchil GM 2530 BUL 1985
7. Antal Gergely GM 2512 HUN 1985
8. Cherniaev Alexander GM 2483 RUS 1969
9. Brunner Nicolas IM 2425 FRA 1984
10. Enchev Ivajlo IM 2422 BUL 1989
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar