– GM Vallejo Pons soundly defeated GM Shirov to advance to Dos Hermanas final.
– My sister Judit will take on Topalov for 4 games at Dos Hermanas today. The winner will face Vallejo Pons in the final.
– The Grand Prix in Baku will begin this Sunday with big names like Carlsen, Mamedyarov, Radjabov, Svidler, Karjakin, Adams, Kamsky, Bacrot, etc.
– The USCF is again in a serious financial crisis. According to the financial head of the USCF, “on a year to date basis we are operating at a loss of $146,512 compared to a budgeted profit of $50,794……looking at our cash position today, we will suffer the consequences of the sale during the slow summer months and maybe for several more months into fiscal 2009.” That is nearly a $200,000 problem. This is what happens when we spend money frivolously while doing virtually nothing to raise revenues. In addition, there is absolutely no focus on marketing and promoting the USCF properly and positively.
– The SPF Curriculum / Chess Training Guide for Teachers and Parents is now available for FREE download. Click here to register for a FREE account. After you are registered, click here to go to the FREE download link.
It’s Saturday Open Forum. The forum is yours.
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar