The 61st Higher League Russian Championship took place in Novokuznetsk from September 3 to September 14. 2008. The event served as a qualifier for the superfinals which will be held later on in October. The format is an 11 round Swiss system.
1. Timofeev, Artyom g RUS 2650 8
2. Vitiugov, Nikita g RUS 2616 7½
3. Inarkiev, Ernesto g RUS 2675 7½
4. Lastin, Alexander g RUS 2639 7
5. Sakaev, Konstantin g RUS 2635 7
6. Kobalia, Mikhail g RUS 2618 7
7. Riazantsev, Alexander g RUS 2617 7
8. Galkin, Alexander g RUS 2615 7
9. Maslak, Konstantin g RUS 2521 7
10. Najer, Evgeniy g RUS 2670 7
11. Grachev, Boris g RUS 2640 7
Official website: http://www.rcc2008.org/eng/index.htm
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar