The 7th edition of the Pedro Lezcano Montalvo Memorial will be organized by the Chess Federation of Gran Canaria on 14-20th April 2014 at the Avenida de Canarias Hotel, Ateneo Municipal de Vecindario. C/ Colón s/n (Vecindario).
The tournament will be a 9-round Swiss Open. The top prizes will be 600, 500, 350 Euros, etc.
121 players from 13 federations are registered to take part in the event. Among them are 5 Grandmasters and 4 International Masters.
Participants (top seeds):
1. GM Kurajica Bojan BIH 2506
2. GM Movsziszian Karen ARM 2497
3. GM Campos Moreno Javier B. CHI 2466
4. GM Larino Nieto David ESP 2438
5. GM Barlov Dragan SRB 2436
6. IM Manea Alexandru ROU 2402
7. IM Del Rey Diego ESP 2394
8. IM Vega Gutierrez Sabrina ESP 2392
9. IM Petre Nad-Titus ROU 2374
10. FM Alvarado Diaz Alejandro ESP 2358
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar