Dear Chess Friends!
Russian Chess Federation would like to inform you on visa support issue.
1. Participants/FIDE Principals and Officials
There are three categories of visitors in accordance with the countries of their origin:
1. The countries whose citizens don’t need visas for the period of the championship are: Argentina, Cuba, Peru, Turkey, Ukraine, Armenia and Kazakhstan;
2. The countries whose citizens will receive personal official invitations* from the RCF to apply for visas are: Bulgaria, Hungary, Egypt, China, Lithuania, Poland, Slovenia, USA, France, Sweden. Please note that the participants who will receive RCF personal official invitations will still have to present requested documents and pay all the necessary fines when applying for visas;
3. The countries whose citizens need reference numbers** to apply for visas are: Australia, Algeria, Bangladesh, Vietnam, India, Indonesia, Canada, Qatar, Great Britain (Scotland) and Georgia (please take into account that the procedure for the Georgia’ players can take a bit longer due to absence of diplomatic relations between Russia and Georgia).
* and ** In order to arrange personal official invitations or reference numbers RCF needs the following information from the participants from above-mentioned countries: Passport scans;
Information on where exactly the participants will be applying for visas.
2. Accompanying persons/Journalists/Others
The visa support will be provided by Mr. Alexander Bakh. Please contact him by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The price for the service is 70 EURO per person.
In case visa support is needed ASAP the price for the service is 100 EURO per person.
Please note that in order to apply for the Russian visa your passport must be still valid for no less than six months after the date of leaving the territory of the Russian Federation.
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar