The 1st ECU Education Chess Conference will take place on 24-27 October in Batumi, Georgia, during the World Cadets U8, U10, U12 Championships 2016.
24 Oct 2016 Monday Arrival day
25 Oct 2016 Tuesday Day 1 Conference
26 Oct 2016 Wednesday Day 2 Conference
27 Oct 2016 Thursday Leaving day
– Raise awareness of the educational role of chess in schools.
– Provide an overview of international projects.
– Inform attendees of the latest developments in school chess.
– 1st ECU Education Conference
– Ministry of Education, Georgia
– Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, Georgia
– European Chess Union
– Georgian Chess Federation
– Education authorities and head teachers
– Classroom teachers and chess tutors
Chairman of conference: Jasper Hall
Director of conference: Georgi Giorgadze
The presenter of survey: John Foley
Programs director: Valerian Gaprindashvili
Coordinators: Martin Huba, Nino Berulava
More information on the ECU website
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar