In the event of a tie:
- Two Players: The tie will be broken with a two-game rapid match (G/15 plus 5 second increment). If the contest is still undecided, the match will be decided by an Armageddon Game.
- Three players: If there are three Players tied for first, the two Players with the lowest tie-breaks will contest an Armageddon Game. The winner of this game will face the player with the highest tie-breaks as described above (“Two Players”).
Round 8 results
- IM Chandra, Akshat vs FM Shen, Arthur [1-0]
- IM Xiong, Jeffery vs FM Liang, Awonder [1-0]
- IM Liou, Yian vs Brattain, Mika [1/2-1/2]
- FM Li, Ruifeng vs Han, Curran [1-0]
- IM Harmon-Vellotti, Luke vsFM Bodek, Michael [0-1]
Standings after 8 rounds
|1||IM Chandra, Akshat||2589 *||x||½||1||½||½||½||1||1||1||6.0|
|2||IM Xiong, Jeffery||2621 *||½||x||1||½||½||1||½||1||½||5.5|
|3||FM Shen, Arthur||2505 *||0||0||x||1||1||0||1||1||1||5.0|
|4||FM Li, Ruifeng||2488 *||½||½||0||x||½||1||½||½||1||4.5|
|5||FM Bodek, Michael H||2528 *||½||½||0||½||x||1||0||½||1||4.0|
|6||IM Liou, Yian||2501 *||½||0||1||0||x||½||½||1||½||4.0|
|7||IM Harmon-Vellotti, Luke||2545 *||0||½||½||0||½||x||1||½||½||3.5|
|8||FM Liang, Awonder||2483 *||0||0||½||1||½||0||x||½||1||3.5|
|9||Brattain, Mika A||2452 *||0||½||0||½||0||½||½||x||½||2.5|
|10||Han, Curran R||2211 *||0||0||0||0||½||½||0||½||x||1.5|
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar