The 1st Hangzhou Women Grandmaster Chess Tournament will take place on 13th – 24th July 2011 in Hangzhou, China. Ten top women players compete in the round robin event that is concurrent with the World Chess Team Championship in Ningbo, also in China.
1. GM Hou Yifan CHN 2575 (Women’s World Champion)
2. GM Nadezhda Kosintseva RUS 2560
3. GM Tatiana Kosintseva RUS 2557
4. GM Nana Dzagnidze GEO 2537
5. IM Anna Zatonskih USA 2522
6. WGM Ju Wenjun CHN 2515
7. IM Dronavalli Harika IND 2513
8. GM Marie Sebag FRA 2510
9. GM Zhu Chen QAT 2485 (former World Champion)
10. GM Zhao Xue CHN 2470
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar