The 18th edition of Neckar Open took place from 17th to 21st April, 2014 in Deizisau, Germany.
It was divided into three independent tournaments (A-Open > 1800; B-Open < 2000; C-Open < 1400). The format of the master section was 9 rounds Swiss with prize fund in the amount of 12,050 €.
GM Viktor Laznicka (CZE) was convincing winner with 8/9 points and deservedly grabbed the top prize of 3000 €.
Top standings after 9 rounds (top finishers):
1. GM Laznicka,Viktor 2673 M CZE 8.0
2. GM Piorun,Kacper 2580 M POL 7.5
3. GM Vovk,Andrey 2610 M UKR 7.5
4. GM Rapport,Richard 2698 M HUN 7.0
4. GM Ivanisevic,Ivan 2624 M SRB 7.0
4. GM Brunello,Sabino 2575 M ITA 7.0
7. GM Kunin,Vitaly 2576 M Freibauer Mörlenbach-Birkenau GER 7.0
8. GM Iturrizaga Bonelli,Eduardo 2635 M VEN 7.0
9. GM Naiditsch,Arkadij 2706 M OSG Baden-Baden GER 7.0
9. GM Nikolov,Momchil 2515 M BUL 7.0
9. IM Biolek,Richard jr 2418 M CZE 7.0
12. IM Poetsch,Hagen 2482 M SF Schöneck GER 7.0
13. IM Heimann,Andreas 2522 M OSG Baden-Baden GER 7.0
14. IM Wagner,Dennis 2465 M SV Hockenheim GER 7.0
15. GM Skembris,Spyridon 2459 M SK Freiburg Zähringen 1887 e.V. GRE 7.0
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar