Official website: http://sportaccord2011.fide.com
Maxime gained the first Gold medal for France here in the blitz event, competing with such famous players as Alexander Grischuk and Shakhriyar Mamedyarov!
We had this interview with him after his last game.
– Congratulations! What do you feel now?
– Thank you! You have no idea how tired I am right now! The fact is that, I usually play blitz events on a good level. For example, I won the European Blitz Championship. But blitz events always demand a lot of energy. You need to have maximum concentration and every time its a new situation. So now I feel just that I want to go to sleep – as soon as possible. (Maxim smiled) Of course, later I will feel happy.
– What can you say about your performance in a whole?
– I finished the first day with 5,5 out of 8. And it could be better, because I did not convert some winning positions. But today I scored 6,5 out of 7 being extremely lucky. I won 2 completely lost and 2 completely drawn positions.
— How can you evaluate this year in general?
– Sometimes it was nice, for example, I performed very good in Wijk aan Zee. But The European Team championship looked like a disaster.
– What about your life outside the chess board?
– 1,5 years ago I finished my University studies. I am totally a professional chess player. And my life this year was ordinary – more or less
|2||6||GM||Vallejo Pons Francisco||2705||ESP||1||0||0||1||0||*||½||0||1||½||1||1||1||1||0||1||9|
|12||10||GM||Le Quang Liem||2714||VIE||0||0||½||0||0||½||½||1||0||*||1||0||0||½||1||1||6|
|11||14||GM||Dominguez Perez Leinier||2712||CUB||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||½||½||1||0||1||*||½||½||5|
|14||16||GM||Nielsen Peter Heine||2693||DEN||0||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||1||½||0||½||½||*||3½|
In the women’s section, Hou Yifan wins gold, Stefanova silver, and Anna Muzychuk bronze.
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar