Sarah Chiang lost her final game while Anna Styazhkina won in the final round. Therefore, Sarah got the Silver medal in the World Youth girl’s under 10 section.
Congratulations to Daniel and Sarah!
Other notable U.S. results:
– Alisa Melekhina scored 7.5 points to finish in a tie for 7th place in the girl’s under 16 section.
– Yang Dai scored 7.5 points to also finish in a tie for 7th place in the girl’s under 14 section.
– FM Ray Robson scored 8 points to finish in a tie for 6th in the boy’s under 14 section.
– Brian Luo scored 8 points to also finish in a tie for 6th in the boy’s under 10 section.
– Simone Liao scored 8 points to finish in a tie for 4th in the girl’s under 8 section.
– Jonathan Chiang scored 8 points to finish in clear 6th place in the boy’s under 8 section.
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar