The 8th Tourneo Internacional de Ajedrez Valladolid took place on 16th December at Hotel Novotel in Valladolid, Spain.
The tournament with 118 participants was played over 8 rounds of Swiss system with the time control of 15 min + 5 sec increment. Top prize was 500 EUR and the tournament was organized by Club Deportivo Vallisoletano de Ajedrez.
Top seeded GM Julio Granda Zuniga from Peru edged the opposition to finish clear first with 7,0/8 points.
Last year winner GM Dragan Paunovic shared the second place and landed fifth on tie-breaks.
Final standings (top finishers):
1. GM Granda Zuñiga Julio E. PER 2651 Salamanca – 7
2. GM Cifuentes Parada Roberto ESP 2476 Euskadi – 6.5
3. GM Khamrakulov Ibragim S. ESP 2509 Badajoz – 6.5
4. GM Perez Candelario Manuel ESP 2579 Caceres – 6.5
5. GM Paunovic Dragan SRB 2490 Galicia – 6.5
6. IM Roa Alonso Santiago ESP 2412 Madrid – 6.5
7. GM Campora Daniel H. ARG 2493 Andalucia – 6
8. FM Moreno Tejera Emilio ESP 2372 Caceres – 6
9. GM Del Rio De Angelis Salvador G ESP 2485 Euskadi – 6
10. Iglesias Leon Francisco Javie ESP 2239 Asturias – 6
11. FM Alvarez Fernandez Enrique ESP 2350 Asturias – 6
12. FM Aguera Naredo Javier ESP 2417 Asturias – 6
13. FM Cabezas Ayala Ivan ESP 2315 Caceres – 6
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar