The Municipality of Alajuela with the support of Association Robert James Fischer and FIDE endorsement is holding the 5th International Chess Tournament Alajuela 2014 from 22 to 26 January 2014 in the cantoncentral Alajuela, Costa Rica.
The 9-round Swiss event currently has 99 registered participants from 14 countries. The field also includes 7 Grandmasters and 11 International Masters.
Top prizes are USD 2300, 1300, 1000, 700, 500 etc
1. GM Bruzon Batista Lazaro CUB 2676
2. GM Ramirez Alejandro USA 2600
3. GM Ernst Sipke NED 2573
4. GM Stefansson Hannes ISL 2560
5. GM Romero Holmes Alfonso ESP 2508
6. GM Barrientos Sergio E COL 2481
7. IM Escobar Forero Alder COL 2463
8. GM Perez Rodriguez Luis Manuel CUB 2388
9. IM Ruiz C Joshua D COL 2374
10. IM Perez Garcia Rodney Oscar CUB 2367
11. FM Quinonez Centeno Carlos David GUA 2323
12. IM Davila Carlos NCA 2307
13. IM Kaufman Raymond USA 2300
14. IM Baules Jorge PAN 2296
15. IM Murillo Tsijli Alexis CRC 2296
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar