The Mongolian Chess Federation (MCF) will organize the World U-16 Youth Chess Olympiad in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from 19th August (Arrival) to 29th August (Departure) conducted under the auspices of FIDE.
The tournament venue is Chinggis Hotel, Ulaanbaatar.
The tournament shall be run on a 10 Round Swiss System. Each match between teams will be conducted over 4 boards. 90 minutes for 40 moves plus 30 minutes for the rest of the game with 30 seconds increment from the first move. 15 min default time is applied.
– Players who shall not have reached the age of 16, by January 1st 2015, (Date of Birth 1999 and after) are entitled to participate.
– Each FIDE member federation has the right to send one team having free board and lodging from 19th to 29th August 2015.
– Each team shall comprise of 4 players and 1 reserve (one of whom must be a girl) and 1 captain with valid license as FIDE Trainer . (FIDE HB B. IV. 09. 5.)
– They have to pay only the 100 EUR/person registration (organizing) fee and 100 EUR/team FIDE entry fee.
– FIDE member federations have the right to send additional (extra) teams to U16 Olympiad fully on their own costs.
– The deadline for entry is 19th July 2015. The participating Federation should apply for their registrations via the “Registration Form”.
Members of the additional teams and other accompanying persons shall also pay for accommodation and meals by themselves.
Official website is: http://wyco2015.mongolchess.mn
Useful Contact Numbers: (+44) 7525 0318 43
Tel.: (+976) 7748 0169
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar